Monday, November 13, 2006

So, i was sitting outside of Starbucks the other day...(old post)

...and that might come as a surprise to some of you, but I do that quite often. I was talking with someone, and a car pulled up and a dad and young son (4-5 years old, I'm guessing) got out of the car in the parking lot. They walked to the sidewalk and then the boy took off running all the while the dad was walking behind him. I was watching this happen as I was continuing my conversation with my friend. As the boy ran past me I hear him calling over his shoulder to his dad, "Tell me when to stop!" The dad called ahead to him, "Keep going." And the boy yelled again, "Tell me when to stop!" The dad called ahead, "Turn right up there," and the boy did.

When I couldn't hear them anymore, I turned my whole attention back to the conversation, and didn't really think much about it until I was leaving and saw them again- the boy out in front calling over his shoulder again. I stopped and watched them, and I thought that I was seeing a really cool picture of GOD interacting with his children. I wonder how often I'm like that little boy? How many times do I take off running trusting that GOD will tell me when I should stop and where I should turn? Or how often is GOD walking calmly behind me, while I franticly run ahead, all the while he knows where we are going and I keep running while I'm waiting for his voice to direct me?

I wonder.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i like this.

 
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 2.5 License.